Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Voting ends in two days! Miss Landmine Cambodia 2009
The project's manifesto as per their web site:
EVERYBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO BE BEAUTIFUL!
* Female pride and empowerment.
* Disabled pride and empowerment.
* Global and local landmine awareness and information.
* Challenge inferiority and/or guilt complexes that hinder creativity-
* historical, cultural, social, personal, Asian, European.
* Question established concepts of physical perfection.
* Challenge old and ingrown concepts of cultural cooperation.
* Celebrate true beauty.
* Replace the passive term 'Victim' with the active term 'Survivor'
* And have a good time for all involved while doing so!
Go support these beautiful women!