Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So sad to be missing...

...the last few days of de Parade in Amsterdam. I was introduced to de Parade by my dear friend Kieu (who've I've fallen embarrassingly out of touch with, forgive me Kieu!).



De Parade is hands down one of the coolest festivals I've ever been to...and people...with six years spent in Deutschland, I've been to some festivals.... De Parade is a traveling theatre fest that begins in Rotterdam, and ends in Amsterdam, stopping in Den Haag and Utrecht along the way.



The cool factor being that all the amusement and vendor booths look like they were plucked from an old school 1930's era carnival. This time last year I was tucked at a table under a tree with two of the most charming of ladies, sipping rosé, eating some sort of organic Moroccan salad, amidst the glow of vintage carnival rides. Perfection!



The food is amazing, each vendor keeping with the theme, and there is so much to see and do. On the odd chance that you are heading to Amsterdam in the next few days, be sure to check it out!




These beautiful pictures are from my new favorite blog From Amsterdam with Love
which you should also check out!

No comments: