Friday, March 27, 2009

Does this mean I should learn the Charleston?

Wednesday evening I was flipping through the channels and stumbled upon American Idol...ok that's a lie...let me start over.

Wednesday evening I was watching American Idol (go Scott!) and I was entirely taken by the sassy lil' flapper number Lil Rounds was sporting for Motown night.


Normally fringe dresses, as much as I want to love them, tend to scream cheap Halloween costume to me. But the gradient on this dress absolutely refreshes this look. I love it and if you do too, you can purchase it at Bonadrag.com!


Eden Dress $134
by With Hearts In My Eyes


In other roaring 20's related discoveries it seems Kiera Knightley is set to play F Scott's wife, Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald in a Biopic set for release in 2010. I find this entirely unsatisfying...I would much have preferred an actress with a bit more complexity and intrigue...but that's just me...




And oh my heavens! There is going to be a remake of The Great Gatsby!!!!!!????? What!? I don't know if I am really excited or really worried right now. It's the newest undertaking of Baz Luhrhmann. I think most people can agree that the original is untouchable!



I feel both entirely curious as well as unsettled by these morsels of information.... Until they hit the silver screen, I will be doing my research as Flapper: A Madcap Story of Sex, Style, Celebrity, and the Women Who Made America Modern is on my reading list!

Source: Thefirstpost.co.uk

No comments: